This triangular shawl in three sizes Tall(Petite, Mini) may be worked in different yarns/stitch count to obtain the desired proportion. Final size will vary according to yarn selection and needle size. Heavier yarns and larger needles will produce a larger shawl, thinner yarns and smaller needles will produce a smaller one. Swatching to find the desired gauge and fabric for each yarn is highly recommended.
Shown in Fearless Fibers Laceweight Cashmere, color: Endless Night, size tall
- Suggested Yarns:â€‚Fearless Fibers Laceweight Cashmere, Handmaiden Sea Silk, Briar Rose Sea Pearl, Jaggerspun Zephyr, Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, Jade Sapphire Silk/Cashmere, Elann Baby Cashmere or Baby Silk, Valley Yarns Alpaca Silk, Misti Alpaca Laceweight, Schaefer Anne, or any laceweight or light fingering yarn.
- finished size (blocked): Tall: 78â€?W X 36â€?L/Petite: 68â€?W X 31â€?L/Mini: 28â€?W X 13â€?L
- yarn requirements: Tall: 1200 yds/Petite: 1000 yds/Mini: 200 yds
- circular needles: â€‚size 6 (4mm) or size to obtain gauge. For top edge use a needle two sizes smaller than the body needle; a DPN in the same size may be desired
- gauge: 24 sts and 32 rows = 4â€?(10cm) in stockinette stitch on size 6 (4mm) needles
- pattern price: $7.00 US (ohio residents, please add $.42 sales tax))
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
Many, many thank to liz and debbie for their test knitting and pattern feedback!
UPDATES patterns purchased after the date of each update will include all changes.
page 4 under “Shape Point”
row 8 of the first part should read: P1, P3, P1
also, on row 9 of the first part , and rows 2, 3, 4, 6, 10, and 11 of the second part, there is a
“sl1, K1â€”psso” that should be “sl1, K2tog, psso”, so that these instructions should read:
Row 9:â€‚K1, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, K1
then in the second part of that section:
Row 1: BO 6, K5, K2tog, K1, SSK, K6 [15 sts]
Row 2:â€‚K2tog, SSK, K1, YO2, K1, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, K1, YO2, K1, K2tog, SSK [13 sts]
Row 3:â€‚K4, P1, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, K1, P1, K3 [11 sts]
Row 4:â€‚K2tog, SSK, YO2, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, YO2, K2tog, SSK [9 sts]
Row 5:â€‚K3, P1, K2, P1, K2 [9 sts]
Row 6:â€‚K2tog, K1, YO2, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, YO2, K1, SSK [9 sts]
Row 7:â€‚K3, P1, K2, P1, K2 [9 sts]
Row 8:â€‚K2tog, K5, SSK [7 sts]
Row 9:â€‚Knit across
Row 10:â€‚K2tog, sl 1, K2togâ€”psso, SSK [3 sts]
Row 11:â€‚sl 1, K2togâ€”psso
on the chart for the Spade pattern, page 6, row 6 incorrectly begins and ends with 5 purl stitches; it should begin and end with 6 purl sts.