the second piece in the manLace series, obstacles holds little in the way of challenge except that, with its luxurious texture and mesmerizing pattern, there is simply no resisting it.
scarf-sized or full-sized shawl—in cashmere, it’s hedonistically warm and soft, but maybe your vice
(or his) is another poison altogether. anything soft and scrumptious will do. leave it scrunchy, as it comes off the needles, or block it out for incredible drape and sweep. the only challenge here is who will get to wear it first.
shown here in fearless fibers 4-ply cashmere sport, sedona colorway
- pattern price: $6.00 USD (ohio residents, please add $.36 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: Fearless Fibers 4-ply Cashmere Sport or Merino Sport, Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool or Silky Tweed, Classic Elite Blithe or Miracle, Briar Rose Sea Pearl or Legend, Joseph Galler Sahara, Classic Alpaca, Indiecita Baby Alpaca DK, Knit Picks Elegance, or any smooth DK or fingering yarn which has a relaxed hand and drape.
- Finished Size (blocked): Shawl 19�? W x 84�? L / Scarf 12�? W x 64�? L
- notes: Width may be changed by adding or subtracting stitches in increments of 14; each additional repeat of the pattern will add approximately 4�? to the final blocked width and 2.5�? in length.
Final measurements are dependent on yarn/needle choices; finer yarns and smaller needles will reduce the overall dimensions, while heavier yarns and larger needles will increase the size.
- Yarn requirements: Shawl 900 yards / Scarf 450 yds
- Gauge: 16 sts and 24 rows = 4�? in stockinette stitch (unblocked)
- Needles: Size 8 (or size to obtain correct gauge) and needles one size smaller will be needed for garter edging
My thanks to carole for test knitting the pattern and offering suggestions!