knit from soft, fine-gauge yarn, these mitts are a classic. with virtually no bulk to speak of, they can worn indoors or out, keeping hands toasty while leaving fingers free to type, search for change, or grab a hot cuppa.
Fine Cabled Mitts
shown here in vintage cashmere sock yarn, navy
- pattern price: $5.00 US (ohio residents, please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: Fearless Fibers 4-ply cashmere, Quiviut, Koigu KPM, Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Schaefer Anne, Lorna’s Laces Nearly Solids, Rowan 4-ply Soft, Elann Baby Cashmere or Baby Silk, or any soft, sock-weight yarn
- Notes: These cabled mitts in two sizes, are knit at a fine gauge and feature a snug fit that feels like a second skin, yet are warm and practical for indoor/outdoor use.
May be sized up for looser fit or for men’s sizes by using a slightly heavier yarn (approximately 7 sts per inch) and larger needles.
- Finished Size: Small = 5.5�? finished circumference and fits hands up to 7�? around
Large = 7�? finished circumference and fits hands measuring up to 8.5�? around
- Yarn requirements: Small: 150 yards/Large: 200 yards
- Gauge: 34 sts and 44 rows = 4�? in stockinette
- Needles: Size 2(2.75mm) DPNs, or size to obtain correct gauge
My heartfelt thanks to my good friend debbieKnitter
for test knitting the pattern and letting me know where clarity was needed
(all updates are included patterns purchased after the date of the correction)
a minor typo was discovered in the pattern by brenda, that occurs immediately after the cuff ribbing:
On the first increase round after the 3″ of K2P2 ribbing, it says to end the round with (K1,P1) once(twice). It should be K2,P2.