the pattern looks like curls of smoke winding their way up the foot and leg.
fabric is finely-knit, but dense and oh-so-comfy.
there’s just one word for them—smokin’.
shown here in Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Sock Yarn, color smoke
- pattern price: $5.00 US (ohio residents, please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: Fearless Fiber’s Superwash Merino Sock yarn, j. knits Superwash Me! Light sock yarn, Vesper Sock Yarn, Claudia Handpainted, Brooklyn Handspun, GGH Merino Soft, Lorna’s Laces nearly solids, Schaefer Anne nearly solids, or any fine sock yarn.
- Notes: These socks in three sizes have a pattern which curls down the cuff and extends over the top of the foot, and is deceptively easy to work—a simple arrangement of knits and purls yields a deep, cable-like texture, without a cable needle.
They are easily converted to toe-up construction, as the pattern is vertically reversible.
- Finished Size: S(M, L), to fit feet measuring 6-7(7-8.5, 8.5-10)�? / finished sock measurements = 6(7.5, 9)�?
- Yarn requirements: 300(350, 400) yds of sock yarn which has 500 yds
per 4 ounces note: heavier sock yarn may be used—sock will be slightly larger at a gauge of 8 to 8.5 sts per inch; go to next size down if your yarn knits up at a gauge of 7 to 7.5 sts per inch.
- Gauge: 38 sts and 52 rows = 4�? in stockinette on smaller needles, in finer yarns
- Needles: DPNs sizes 0 and 1, or size to obtain gauge on smaller needles
The larger needles are optional—they are used in the upper cuff to provide some shaping at the calf, which may not be needed for all sock wearers.