do you see golf tees? or ice cream cones?
or maybe you’d like to work toe-up and watch the Eiffel tower emerge from your needles . . .
that’s the fun—this pattern is whatever you see in it, and even qualifies for the man lace series
(but we won’t tell; we know that’s just for our fun).
sized for everyone from baby to adult, the airy pattern offers a trim fit that lets the breeze in, and features a slip-stitch heel that will take the wear and tear of summer activities.
Summer Fun Sock
shown here in Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock, colorway, Khaki.
- pattern price: $5.00US (ohio residents please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock, Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Sock yarn, Briar Rose Grandma’s Blessing, Woolen Rabbit Merino Superwash, Koigu KPM, Fleece Artist Merino Sock, Socks that Rock Light, GGH Merino Soft, Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, or any sock yarn which has approximately 425 yards to 4 ounces.
- Notes: A summery sock in five sizes with an openwork pattern that extends down the leg and over the top of the foot. Whether construed as a motif of golf tees or ice cream cones, this airy sock is perfect for summer when knit in a fine yarn. Easily converted to toe-up construction, the pattern reverses to reveal a motif of tiny Eiffel towers.
Note: the openwork stitch creates a fabric with a little more give; thus the finished size of this sock is slightly narrower than normal, but will stretch more to fit. Stitch count may be adjusted for in-between sizes (see pattern notes).
- Finished Size: XS(S, M, L, XL), to fit feet measuring up to 4.5(6, 7.5, 9, 10.5)�?
finished sock measurements = 3(4.5, 6, 7.5, 9) inches
- yarn requirements: 200(250, 300, 350, 425) yds of sock yarn which has approximately 425 yds per 4 ounces
note: heavier yarn and larger needles may be used; adjust choice of size to compensate for larger gauge.
- Gauge: 32 sts and 48 rows = 4�? in stockinette
- Needles: DPNs size 1 (2.25 mm), or size to obtain gauge
patterns will be emailed in PDF format once payment is confirmed or eCheck has cleared; please contact patternsATknitspotDOTcom for information about wholesale orders, or payment without a paypal account.
on page 1, the row-by row openwork pattern does not match the chart, and is missing row 2! the pattern should read:
Begin Openwork Pattern (see page 4 for charted pattern)
Rnd 1: *p1, yo, p2tog, p3* repeat from * to * around
Rnd 2 through 6: *p1, k1, P4* repeat from * to * around
Rnd 7: *p4, yo, p2tog* repeat from * to * around
Rnd 8 through 12: *p4, k1, p1* repeat from * to * around