ok, that’s a bad pun, but i have a good reason for offering cheap and lame punniness.
i’m not feeling testy about this or anything, but last night, i spent about mmm, three hours doing this “simple” picot hemmed edge on the shrug—and i hate it.
i left it til today, just in case it was a 3 a.m. kinda thing (and also so i could photograph it’s astounding ugliness), but guess what?
yup—i still hate it.
let’s see, how many ways to i hate it?
- it’s UGLY
- it does NOT capture the spirit of the shrug AT ALL
- it’s heavy, especially on the inside edge
- it does not look the same on both sides (possibly this could be cured
with a good blocking)
- it’s tipping out (i’m quite sure this canNOT be cured by blocking)
- it isn’t at ALL what i had in mind for edging
- i had no intention of doing this edge at all, but in a late-nite flash of inspiration, i thought the knitted-down picot hem was somehow better than the light, single-layer picot edge i had planned—AAARRRGGGGHHHH!
(and why aren’t we made in such a way as to actually be able to kick ourselves??)
(this list may have even increased overnight)
and MOST annoying:
oh well, back to the drawing board! i just have to get this last detail fixed and i’m home-free!