a lace stocking straight from a Boucher painting, knit in fine sock yarn, with lacy
eyelets on top of lacy spirals.
nothing exceeds like excess.
shown here in j. knits Superwash Me merino sock yarn, color new jersey (what else?)
- pattern price: $5.00 US (ohio residents, please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: paypal to: patternsATknitspotDOTcom (remove AT and DOT;
replace with symbols).
- Suggested Yarns: j. knits Superwash Me Sock, Fearless Fibers merino sock, Lisa Souza Sock merino, Schaefer Anne, or any soft, fine, sock yarn which has 500 or more yards per 4 ounces (heavier yarns will produce a larger sick width)
- Notes: Socks are knit toe-up with a short-row toe and heel. Instructions are written for knitting with DPNs, but are adaptable for using with circular needles.
Knit at the stated gauge, this pattern produces a sock which measures approximately 7.5 to 8�? around and fits foot sizes up to 9�?. A wider sock may be obtained by using slightly heavier yarn and larger needles to obtain a stitch gauge which has less stitches per inch.
- Finished Size: Finished width of sock: 8�?; cuff length from top of heel is 9�?
- Yarn requirements: Approximately 350 yards of fine, sock-weight yarn (actual yardage will depend on sock length desired)
- Gauge: 32 stitches and 44 rows = 4 inches in stockinette st on size 1(2.25mm) DPNs
- Needles: DPNs size 1 (2.25 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
patterns will be emailed in PDF format once payment is confirmed or eCheck has cleared; please contact us for information about wholesale orders