a lacy confection of a glove, of finely knit fabric that skims over the hand without bulk.
the lace panel teases the eye up past the wrist and over a bare arm or beautiful sleeve.
light enough for fancy dress, or just to add a twist to an everyday outfit.
it’s fresh flower for mid-winter.
shown here in j. knits Superwash Me! merino sock yarn light, color new jersey
- pattern price: $5.00 US (ohio residents, please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: j. knits Superwash Me! light sock yarn, Fearless Fibers Laceweight Cashmere or Merino Sock, Schaefer Anne, Quiviuk, Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud, or any fine, soft sock-weight yarn which has 500 or more yards per
4 ounces (heavier yarns will produce a larger mitt)
- Notes: lacy mitts are knit at a fine gauge and feature a snug, sculpted fit. Light enough for evening wear, they also offer an extra layer of warmth on a chilly day. The lace pattern has a cabled look which is achieved with increases and decreases only—no cable needle needed!
- Finished Size: 6.5�? finished circumference and fits hands up to 8�? around (using finer yarn and smaller needles will produce a smaller-sized mitt; larger needles and heavier yarn will produce a larger mitt)
- Yarn requirements: 150 yards
- Gauge: 32 stitches and 48 rows = 4 inches in stockinette stitch
- Needles: DPNs size 2 (2.75 mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
UPDATES (patterns purchased after the date of the corrections will automatically be updated)
near the top of the mitt, just before the beginning of the eyelet rib begins, there is a decrease rnd that contains an error. the instructions for this rnd should read:
Next rnd: Work lace panel row 1 over needle one, increasing 1 st at center of needle; on needle two, K1, K2tog, knit to end; on needle three, knit to 3 sts before end, K2tog, K1. [56 sts total]