operatic drama, short or long version.
meant to play a supporting role to the orchid lace scarf, these just might steal the scene.
who needs sleeves, anyway?
Orchid Lace Mitts
shown here in Fearless Fibers Merino Laceweight, colorway miracle
- pattern price: $5.00US (ohio residents please add $.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please use PayPal and fill in patternsATknitspotDOTcom as the recipient (remove AT and DOT; replace with symbols). paypal account not necessary; please email same address to request invoice.
- Suggested Yarns: Fearless Fibers laceweight merino or cashmere, Wooly Wonka Fibers laceweight merino, Knitting Notions laceweight merino, Lorna’s Laces Nearly Solids, Rowan 4-ply Soft, Elann Baby Cashmere or Baby Silk, or any soft, fine sock-weight yarn.
- Notes: These featherweight mitts in two lengths are knit at a fine gauge and feature a lace cuff and thumb, with a vertical motif along the outer side.
Mitts may be resized by using larger or smaller needles and/or varying the yarn weight.
- finished size: 6.5�? finished circumference around palm and 6�? at wrist; fits hands up to 8�? around
Using one size smaller or larger needles will result in a difference of approximately 1/2 inch, and is recommended for those with smaller hands.
finished length at stated gauge = 10(7.5) inches unstretched
- yarn requirements: Long: 250 yards / Short: 175 yards
- Gauge: unblocked: 32 sts and 48 rows = 4�? in stockinette. (fabric will be relaxed)
- Needles: DPNs Size 2US (2.75mm) or size to obtain correct gauge
patterns will be emailed in PDF format once payment is confirmed or eCheck has cleared; please contact patternsATknitspotDOTcom for information about wholesale orders, or payment without a paypal account.
i am extremely grateful to my friend deb kessler, the genius dyer of fearless fibers yarn, for making such unspeakably beautiful yarns, and for sharing them so generously with me.
many MANY thanks to kim, orianna, and vanessa, champion test knitters!
kisses (and more—wink!) to david who photographed these SO sexy
my mitts are too sexy for my arms,
they’re too sexy for my chest,
mm, too sexy for my waist . . .
my mitts are too sexy for my yard, they’re too sexy for my tree
too sexy for my face.
(thank you, right said fred)