third in the manlace series.
teosinte is the name of the original plant that botanists think corn comes from—a rugged, low-growing, hardy mexican grass.
i think that pretty much says it all.
shown here: size large in woolen Rabbit merino nylon sock yarn,
color deep forest gump
- pattern price: $5.00US (ohio residents please add
$.30 sales tax)
- payment method: please visit our pattern shop!
- Suggested Yarns: Woolen Rabbit Merino/Nylon Superwash Sock, Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Sock, White Willow Superwash Sock, Briar Rose Grandma’s Blessing, Dicentra Designs Alpaca/Merino Sock, Socks that Rock Light, Yarn Nerd 900 MHz, Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock, GGH Merino Soft, or any sock yarn that knits to the stated gauge.
- Notes: These toe-up socks in three sizes have a pattern with a bit of openwork that begins above the toe and extends up the leg, ending in a ribbed cuff. Though not technically reversible, this pattern translates nicely to top-down construction.
Sock size may also be fine-tuned by changing needle size or yarn weight.
- Finished Size: S(M, L), to fit feet measuring 6-7(7-8.5, 8.5-10)�? around. Finished sock measures = 6(7.5, 9)�?
- Yarn requirements: 350(400, 450) yds of sock yarn which has 400-450 yds
per 4 ounces
note: heavier- or lighter-weight yarn may be used, but sock will vary in circumference; go to next size up or down if gauge varies by 1 stitch per inch
- Gauge: 32 sts and 44 rows = 4�? in stockinette on smaller needles
- Needles: DPNs size 1 (2.25mm), or size to obtain gauge
patterns will be emailed in PDF format once payment is confirmed or eCheck has cleared; please contact patternsATknitspotDOTcom for information about wholesale orders, or payment without a paypal account.
huge applause to kim—not only did she test-knit with a smile, but this was her first toe-up sock and she knit it all ina bout two days’ time! you really need to go see her version—the colorway is to-die-for (eh, i’m fickle, what else is new?)